Wednesday, December 30, 2015

DJobit: Guru Josh

Paul Walden, who dropped an E and reinvented himself as Guru Josh, has died.

His big chart hit was Infinity; and although he never really did as well in the charts again, the base that the track gave him allowed him to start a third life (after pub rock and dj star) as an perpetual start-up. His Guardian obituary explains:

He [said, of the Infinity re-release] “But what do I want to do for the rest of my life, keep churning out rubbish? Music has been good to me, but now I get more excitement out of setting up new businesses.

“I’m more like a mad inventor than a musician. About a year ago, I patented a new invention that’s being manufactured in China at the moment. It’s a big secret but you’ll know about it soon. People say it’s the next cat’s eyes.”
It's unclear if his next cat's eyes ever took off. There doesn't appear to be a related patent application in his name.

Guru Josh died December 28th in Ibiza; he was 51. The cause of his death has not been made public.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.