Wednesday, September 21, 2005

CHESNEY: "OOH, I'M BEARING UP"

Following the collapse of his fully press-released marriage, Kenny Chesney has rushed out to let his fans know that he'll be OK. Because we know you'll have been worried. He doesn't really expand on why the marriage is going to seek a fraud annulment, though:

"I hit everything so hard this year," Chesney said. "I had the biggest tour I've ever done, I had a record to finish that was real important to me, and, of course, I had something new in my personal life and I was trying to do that too. It really ended up being too much."

Well, we can see why ensuring the snare drum on track seven was tight would be more important than sorting out your marriage - which of us wouldn't, eh?

Chesney, meanwhile, is tired:

"I'm tired right now, but by next year, I'll be excited to get back to it. And it'll be about the music again, not about the sideshow."

Since he seems to think his marriage was a sideshow, the surprise is not that Zellweger is dumping him; it's that she isn't parading him through the streets with a sign round his neck. An unlfattering sign.

Still: hardly anyone outside the country circuit had a clue who he was this time last year. Now he's got a global cross-market profile. Not bad for a fradulent marriage.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Renee saw what the guy really looked like when he removed his hat. That's when she was yelled, "Fraud!"

Or perhaps he's like the race horse "Man of War"--both turned out to be gay!

Film at Eleven.

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

Man of War's gay?

I thought he was just a stylish dresser.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.