Monday, April 10, 2006

SINCE THE BIRTH OF MOSES

Gwyneth Paltrow has given birth to her second child with Chris Martin.

They're calling it Moses.

There was a kid up our street called Moses. Our mam always said it was appropriate, as he was a right little basket.

Of course, Moses' elder sister is called Apple. We'd not seen this quote from Gwyneth before, explaining their choice:

"It conjured such a lovely picture for me - you know, apples are so sweet and they're wholesome and it's biblical - and I just thought it sounded so lovely and clean."

The apple in the Bible, of course, wasn't sweet and wholesome and lovely - indeed, you find that out quite early on in the bible, even before you get to the bit with Moses in.

Still, one from Genesis; one from Exodus. We're betting the next kid gets lumbered with Abihu.


3 comments:

Simon said...

Can I be the first person (possibly) to point out that Moses is also the title of a song on Coldplay's live album?

Anonymous said...

No. I reckon they'll have a change of heart and call the next one Barry. Or Debbie.

I bought my baby a tank top at the weekend and since then me and my other son have been calling him Alan. I know, years of expensive therapy ahead, but we're finding it very funny.

RC said...

I did a little bible search w/ the gwyneth quote on my own blog but apple doesn't appear in genesis at all...

the fruit of the garden of eden situation is unknown but many figure it's a fig.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.