Monday, January 28, 2008

Bobby Brown: there's only fake reality left

Bobby Brown goes country and western? Really?

Why would he do that?

He tells MTV he wanted the challenge:

"My dad was a big country-music fan, but I felt it was something I could conquer," said Brown, who can tell you stories about hanging out in Nashville "every other weekend." "I've been through R&B and rap, television, movies. It just brings it all together, country music."

Except, of course, this is less to do with a desire to make a country album, and everything to do with having to accept any humiliating job offer that comes his way. In short, some godforsaken reality country music show. Genre swap, perhaps:
He's one of seven celebrities to hook up with Big & Rich's John Rich for the Country Music Television reality show "Gone Country." The contestants, including Sisqo, Twisted Sister's Dee Snider and Julio Iglesias Jr., are competing to be the next big country star.

There's apparently one of the Brady Bunch in there, too. But then there probably would have to be, wouldn't there?

Still, the attention gives Brown a chance to talk about his recent heart attack:
"I did not have a heart attack. No. I went to the hospital, they pushed my stomach, I farted, then they sent me home."

You'd have to wonder at a man who is now so damaged he requires medical intervention to part his sphincter, wouldn't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.