Tuesday, January 13, 2004

THE AFTERMATH OF DEATH CAN BE MESSY: Jennifer Chiba has spoken to journalists about the coroner's decision in the Elliot Smith case. Chiba ha sobviously been the target of whisperings and mutterings since the coroner said he couldn't be sure Smith's death was suicide, mentioning lacerations on Elliot's hands and wondering why Chiba removed the knife when she found the body.

Chiba says "Up until now I've chosen to remain silent because I want to maintain some sense of privacy for Elliott and his family and myself in this really difficult time. But I want people to know that I'm not keeping quiet because I have anything to hide.
If I was a suspect, I would have heard from the investigators, for one thing. Another is that his sister and his parents and everyone close to him knows the truth, so I'm not worried about it.
The media are just looking for some sort of sensationalistic angle that will sell their publications. In my mind, there's no question to what happened and there's no need to put that kind of spin on it".


Although, as far as we know, there's no investigation because nobody officially has suggested he was murdered; and even if he had been, it would have been almost impossible to get to the truth anyway. But it's quite sweet to think that she believes "Irregularities In Indie Singer's death" is something the US media would make up to sell extra copies of papers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.