Saturday, March 19, 2011

Embed and breakfast man: Jessica Lea Mayfield

If there's a finer song this year than Jessica Lea Mayfield's Our Hearts Are Wrong, then 2011 is going to be a year spoiled rotten.

Here she is doing the song on Letterman, in case you've not yet had the pleasure:

Jessica has been performing on stage for twelve years. She's 21. A bit of a leg-up came with that Black Keys guest duet, but mostly... it's all down to her. And a strange voice - good strange - that she says has no high range at all.

And she doesn't swallow any old shit, either:

. I remember when I was a kid, my cat died. And the vet gave me this letter that said my cat was in heaven sitting on rainbow. My thought was “bullshit” on a similar note, I always wrote Santa mean letters, like “write me back if you exist, jerk”.
Santa has yet to respond.

Buy
Tell Me
With Blasphemy So Heartfelt

If you're still not convinced enough to pop your hand into your pocket:


More JLM on the www
Official site
MySpace
Last FM
Spotify

Further beautiful pain across the weekend
Kiss Me Again
The One That I Love Best live at KRCL
For Today live at FolkAlley.com
Grown Man live at The Farm


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rapidly sparrows approach craters made into lakes to seek seed. turtles are already there.

Simon Hayes Budgen said...

You know, anonymous, you're right. Let's hope those turtles don't want a fight.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.