Tuesday, June 10, 2003

WHERE EGOS DARE: Dave Gahan is getting a bit grumpy about not getting to write many songs for Depeche Mode. He's threatening to leave unless Martin Gore 'changes his ways.' See, this is the trouble you get when a singer goes and does his first solo work - no matter how dire it is, they come away thinking "peice of piss, that - I should be doing all the songs all the time. I'm great me"; blissfully unaware that their management is thinking "right, let's get them back to normal now he's got that vanity project out the way."
Dave believes he's as good a songwriter as Martin. Dave writes things like this:
We laughed so hard it caused some pain
Two strangers standing in the rain
We smoked our cigarettes
(It's kind of wonderful)
Exchanging our regrets
(Strange but beautiful)

While Martin writes things like this:
Here is a plea
From my heart to you
Nobody knows me
As well as you do
You know how hard it is for me
To shake the disease
That takes hold of my tongue
In situations like these

I suppose the choice here would have to be a personal one...


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.