Wednesday, July 16, 2003

THE MOVING FINGER SPLITS, AND HAVING WRIT, MOVES ON: Jack White has written this for the band's website about his brokey finger:

Hello candy cane children,
I broke my finger, three breaks, car wreck, horrible left turn in front of me, no chance of escape, air bag, the air near my fingers, devil in my left hand, doctors say no way, lot's of pain, typing with one finger, made it through year of rock n' roll death, got off with just a warning.
Apologies to those wishing to see my hand live, soon enough I'm sure, now me and meg can share war stories, I love when we share, like once there was a monkey, and we shared the experience as children do.


Let's not look at his poor usage of apostrophe - that might make some people want to go and take to the other fingers with a large mallet of some sort - and wonder at the bizarre coincidence he alludes to. He'd said that he was afraid of being 27 - the year of Rock Death (Hendrix et al buying it at that age); only to go and have a big car crash on his 28th birthday. Again, we're starting to be convinced of the existence of God; and a God with a slightly evil sense of humour, to boot.

Missing from Jack's accounts of his accident is the choice morsel that he was sharing the car with renee zwelleger, who apparently is "his girlfriend." We're guessing Meg cut the brake cables.

If anyone can explain how you share a monkey experience, we'd love to hear from you at the usual email address.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.