Monday, August 04, 2003

KRIST ON HIS BIKE: No No, No No No No, No No No No, There No No Novoselic - Krist is pissed off at being the member of Nirvana who nobody cares about. No, seriously, so he's quitting the biz we call music:

" "As far as the music industry goes, I quit. I can't deal. I can't read the magazines, listen to the radio or watch music television without feeling like I've just come in from outer space. I just don't get it and I probably never did. My lot in life is that every band I've ever been in just falls apart. That hurts but I've got a thick hide from years of conditioning. Now please take note that I haven't quit music, I've just quit the business. (I can't complain about the business side of Nirvana. I'm not crying a river by any means.) I want to play more with Curt and Bud, they're too good for me not to plug in my bass thus plugging into the cosmo-stream of transcendental rocking good times that those two charge me with. "I'm relatively young (38) and I want to follow my compulsions. I have big plans for 2004" he says. "Next year will be a pivotal year politically for every one of us in the USA and for myself, even more so. I've come off of nine years of political success and see some real opportunities to make change. You'll all hear about my plans soon enough. If you've been following my politics, you know that I will continue to work for inclusion, fairness and freedom. While Eyes Adrift is an artistic success, the commercial side is anything but successful. [That's true - we wouldn't have been able to name his current band if a pub quiz tiebreak had depended on it] I recall too many stories of people simply not being able to find the CD in stores. I know of many who just downloaded. Mixed reviews didn't help the fact that we really didn't sell many CD's. I can't honestly tell you how many we've sold but I can't imagine it's over 20,000 units. A flop? No way!!! At this rate we'll go gold in about a hundred years. Too long you say but isn't music eternal? I'm in no rush".
We're not sure, but it kind of sounds like he's going to be nader's running mate...


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.