Tuesday, May 11, 2004

ABOUT WHAT I SAID JUST BEFORE, YOU KNOW/ YOUR CLOTHES ON THE FLOOR?/I DIDN'T MEAN TO HURT YOU/ I JUST GOT CARRIED AWAY/I GUESS I'VE HAD A LONG DAY/ LOOK, I'D SOONER DIE THAN LOSE YOU/OVER SOMETHING LIKE THAT/OH, PLEASE, NEXT TIME JUST SHOUTBACK/ AND I DIDN'T SAY THAT I HATE YOU/ I THINK SOMETIMES YOU FORGET/ AND NOW LOOK, HOW WE'RE UPSET/ LETS TALK ABOUT IT LATER: There's an excellent piece on the always worthwhile New York London Paris Munich listing the spiritual forebears of The Street's conversational song style, which includes David Gedge's one-sided conversations from the Wedding Present albums. Which really makes me want to run home and play George Best very loud indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.