Wednesday, May 12, 2004

FRIENDS REUNITED: It's finally happened, then - Brett Andreson and Bernard Butler have got back together, and are working with each other. Unless, since Brett made the announcement, they've fallen out again and started to gouge each other's eyes out with spoons or something. This is what Brett said:

I know there has been a lot of speculation and rumour about precisely what I'm up to. So I thought I'd set the record straight. Firstly I can confirm that me and Bernard are working together again.
We've written about fifteen songs so far and even though it's early days I can honestly say that I believe the work to be up there with some of the best things we've ever done.
We have been rehearsing with a drummer and a bass player who will be part of our new band. I can't tell you what we will be called yet but it will not be Suede or Anderson and Butler.
We'll be entering a London studio to start recording in June so I'm hoping that you will hear something early next year."


So, not Anderson and Butler then (and, presumably, not Butler and Anderson), which suggests there's going to be a glorious, prog-rocky name for the new grouping. We're hoping it mentions Pigs and Gasoline.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.