Thursday, June 17, 2004

I HAVE LEARNED MY LESSON WELL...: The truth is out there, I can tell. Mel C has issued a statement denying that it's anything down to her that there's no Spice Girls reunion this year:

I didn't intend to post a message until after the tour but unfortunately there's something in the press today that I want to put straight, although I have numerous times before.
The Sun again today have printed a story about how I'm such a bad sport for not doing a Spice reunion tour.
As I have said before I have never been approached by anybody, Virgin Records, Simon Fuller, Victoria, Melanie B, Geri or Emma regarding a reunion and I am completely unaware of any of the other girls desire to get back together.
I am so excited about my new album. The tour is proving to be a huge success and is completely sold out. I chose to play these small venues and did not advertise these shows as I am not promoting anything. They are for fun, for you guys and to try out new songs before I start recording.
It's really annoying to keep reading all these lies so I just wanted to clear things up in case any of you had any doubts. If I don't see you in Cardiff or London I'll see you soon.
love Melanie xx


This is, of course, like denying you've been responsible for finding a cure for cancer or preventing a helicopter slicing the head off some children - we know you're just being modest, Mel. "I am totally unaware of the other girl's desire to get back together." Yeah, right.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.