Monday, August 16, 2004

I BELIEVE IT'S GENEROUS TO FORGIVE THOSE WHO HURT YOU IN THE PAST: Many, many years ago we almost had our first piece of writing published in a proper magazine when Snipe accepted something we'd written. As it happened, they then got something in about the Mighty Lemon Drops, dropped our piece to make space, and then turned into When Saturday Comes for their next issue. We sometimes wonder what might have been had that piece hit - our wildest dream is that we'd have been spotted, headhunted and would, by now, have been well into a career trajectory that would see us saying "Look, Murdoch, we're both agreed that The Times needs a kick up the arse; the difference is, I think you do, too. I'm not interested." The more likely career path would have me sat writing a blog fielding emails from Wendy James fans admitting that I'd never actually built a proper shrine to her in my bedroom. Anyway, for all the what might had beens, Circadian Shift is hosting a Mighty Lemon Drops download at the moment; this is the sound of an arch-nemesis. Possibly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.