Wednesday, September 01, 2004

CARRIE OUT!: The Von Bondies have parted with the services of Carrie Smith:

“I have spent countless hours and many emotions thinking about this decision, but ultimately, it is the right decision for me.

"There are so many reasons why I am leaving – some are personal, some are professional, some emotional, some logical – but in the end, I know this is the right thing to do. I am going to miss you all very much and thank you from the depths of my heart for all of your support and encouragement. I will forever be proud that in some small way, we were able to reach out to so many people. Without you, we would be nothing.

“I wish the other VBs much success in the future and I know that they will continue to write and perform to the utmost of their abilities. I hope this change will not bring any of you too much sadness; rest assured, the Von Bondies will carry on with a new bass player. Please embrace her with all the kindness you have shown me!

”In closing, I would like to thank you all once again for everything you have given us. I will look back at my time with the Von Bondies with pride and satisfaction because we have had the most amazing fans on the planet. This has been an incredible experience for me and I have you to attribute that to. Thank you.”


Carrie is being replaced by another Smith, Yasmeen.


The Way They Were.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.