Friday, September 24, 2004

WHAT'S SO FUNNY 'BOUT PEACE, LOVE AND A LITTLE DELOUSING?: Of course, if you want people to stop talking about you like you're a bit bonkers, paying for a full-page ad to carry a two thousand word plea for your own sanity might be considered to be right up there with running naked through the shopping centre shouting "I'm not barmy." But since when has Sinead O'Connor done the obvious thing?

Stung by the response to her suggestion that Ireland put one day aside to delouse everybody, and rid the country of hairlice forever (or until someone came from outside the country with headlice), she took a page in the Irish Examiner to, well, whine, actually:

"I don't think there can be any person male or female from this country who has been as consistently lashed as I have been and always am no matter what I set out to do... If ye all think I am such a crazy person why do ye use me to sell your papers? Please, I just want to be a little old lady now, and not be all controversial and not be bashed and called crazy and laughed at when I open my mouth to sing or speak... If ye wrote about Bono like you wrote about me, he'd kick your asses."



Actually, Sinead, we tend to be a bit more gentle on you, because you seem to be a bit less interested in self-glorification than Bono. And your standards seem a bit higher. But... the whole pope-rip-becoming-vicar-i'm-a-lesbian-i'm-getting-married-delousing-

retiring-not-retiring thing does sort of make you look a bit... well, eccentric.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.