Wednesday, October 06, 2004

EVERYONE DREAMS OF BEING A POPSTAR: The trouble is, nowadays, it seems like everyone gets a chance to have a crack at it, too. For example, Olympic Gymnast Carly Patterson has got the air that "if Hilary Duff can do it, why can't I?"



"I want to be an all-American singer like Hilary Duff," Patterson said. "I've been singing since I was little. I pretty much sing all the time. A lot of people know who I am. I am recognized. I'm sure little kids would buy my records. I just need a record producer to give me a shot."

You'll note that she doesn't think she'd be successful because she's any good - she just knows that people will buy her record because she's got a famous face. This cynicism would be bad enough in anyone, but Patterson is sixteen years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.