Friday, February 11, 2005

I DO NOT WANT WHAT I HAD WHEN I HAD GOT NOTHING TO DO: Who knew that that Sinead O'Connor's retirement wouldn't last? Almost as soon as the warranty on the carraige clock we gave her at her farewell do has expired, she's back. This time, Sinead is doing it as a 'spiritual singer' rather than a pop star:

"Religious songs with bad words, that's the best way I could describe it," she said. "I've been thinking for years the religious area of music has a huge gap in it. Needs a bit of punky filling."

Yes, that's always what struck us as missing from Handel's Messiah is a few "fooks" and a "bollocks"; thank God Sinead's giving us some swearing devotional. Or maybe the other way round.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.