Monday, July 02, 2007

Edith Bowman's heart broken at Glastonbury

Many people find themselves at Glastonbury - discovering loves they didn't know, rashes they didn't expect, a desire to juggle they should have kept quiet about. Edith Bowman found out she had a didgy ticker:

"I came back from Glastonbury last weekend and took ages to recover."

Medics discovered there was an issue that may in the future need surgery.

"They found out I have a bicuspid valve, which means that my heart has to work harder," Bowman explained. "I might need a valve transplant if it deteriorates, but for now I just have to be careful and keep fit."


As Ruth Pott-Negrine asked when she brought this to our attention:
[I]t begs the question, what the devil did she do at Glastonbury to get so sick in the first place?


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why, she was high on life of course! It must be tiring when every other band/song/film/sink-unblocker you encounter is 'Amazing'.

Sorry, 'Emeezen'.

julian said...

Wait, doesn't everyone have a bicuspid valve? I thought they were between the left atrium and the left ventricle.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that she didn't get any of the 'healers' that clog up the festival to sort it out for her.

Anonymous said...

So Edith has a "bicuspid valve" and this is why she's sick?

Now, I'm no doctor, but I'll think she'd be in more trouble if she DIDN'T have a bicuspid valve. It's something we all have....

Chris Brown said...

Are you saying I've got two swearing teeth in my heart?


(To anyone who doesn't get this joke: try asking Pete Doherty).

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.