Monday, December 01, 2008

Annie quits the Island

Another artist for the clumsily named "actually, what the hell am I paying a record label for" file, as Annie tells Island goodbye:

"I think it's a great label, but I never felt they were that positive to my ideas...so we decided that we're not gonna work together anymore. After Nick Gatfield, who was the head of Island left the label...a couple of months after I signed, things changed. I'm an artist with lots of ideas, plans...so I'm gonna do things my own way from now on."

As if no longer having the confidence of musicians wasn't bad enough, record companies are now being patronised by the departing artists doing the "it's not you, it's me - I've changed..." speech.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.