Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Gordon in the morning: Kravitz to be Gaye for pay

Lenny Kravitz is being lined up for the role of Marvin Gaye in Julien Temple's biopic.

I guess he could lip-sync to the songs.

If the casting wasn't bad enough, the focus of the film doesn't sound that great, the way Gordon describes it:

Lenny will portray Marvin in the early 1980s when he had moved to London while struggling with booze and tax bills.
Part of me really wants to see Lenny Kravitz pretending to be a drunk man struggling to balance his deductibles column for an hour and a half. Most of me doesn't.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like what you did there, especially after I felt that Kravitz "straightened" the part of Cinna in the film adaptation of the Hunger Games.

Anonymous said...

Good God. Was Rafael Saddiq not available? A disaster in the making.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.