Monday, March 28, 2005

AT LAST, SOMETHING WE AGREE ON

Kelly Osbourne reckons her first album was crap, which we totally agree with. The difference is, of course, we knew that it was at the time; she only appears to have become disllusioned in retrospect.

"My record label thought, 'Oh she's really cool. She's in the Osbournes. We want to sign her and make money off her.' But the album was crap...I felt like just another Lindsay Lohan, Ashlee Simpson, Avril Lavigne, and that's just not who I am at all."

It's odd, I don't recall you saying anything about that at the time. Indeed, nearly every interview you seemed to be saying how the album was just something you did for yourself:

JoJo: Let's talk about your album, its obviously out, is it nerve wracking...its something you created...you're always worried about it?

Kelly: No, I'm not worried about it because I did it for me. I didn't do it for anyone else. If people want to listen to it, that's great. If they want to buy it, even better. But if its not like a huge success I don't think it would mean anything to me.
- from JoJo On The Radio, 2002


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.