Friday, April 01, 2005

PREPARE TO RUB YOUR CHINS

Mmmm. The man who single-handedly turned the Smashing Pumpkins from a bunch of good-natured kids into a misery seminar you hadn't prepared for is about to release his first solo album. There's not really any sense that Billy Corgan will be looking to lose his reputation as one of the most po-faced men in pop when he releases Thefutureembrace (all one word) on June 21st. Even his happy albums sound like work:

“I tried to sum up all my feelings about my life and the world around me in the most beautiful ways I could dream up. It is easy to be negative, and much harder to find that silver lining behind the clouds of modern society."

Here's a positive point, then: there's still nearly three months for someone to discover a copyright problem and pulp the whole lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.