Wednesday, July 27, 2005

EXTREME MAKEOVER

It would be a cruel man to suggest that Guy Garvey from Elbow doesn't strike him as someone who has had cosmetic surgery:



But he has, apparently - although it wasn't a full-on attempt to win The Swan pagent; just had his Mr. Rumbolds brought under control:

"Put it this way - I was a big eared kid, they were like taxi doors. I used to get a lot of trouble because of them and my sister Sam had put me down for...well, cosmetic surgery, I suppose - to have my ears pinned back. I thought 'This will be the end to all my woes, I'll be a hit with the chicks, and really popular',” confessed Garvey, “but within an hour of being back at school with my new head they were singing 'Holding Back The (Y)ears' at me. I realised that being persecuted is a state of mind."

Actually, we think Garvey has a kind of rugged charm...


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.