Saturday, August 20, 2005

THERE'S GONNA BE A STATUE UNVEILING SOMEWHERE IN THIS TOWN

They know how to do a decent statue in Dublin, and to an already fine array of the often good and the sometimes great, they've added a brass of Phil Lynott. And, as you might expect, his Mam is really proud:



"It is the proudest day in my life. For over 20 years I have been looking forward to it.

"I am happy with the statue, I love it, I spent many days down at the foundry advising him. We walked in a few times and we took a chisel out to make sure he got his chin right."

She added: "I love him forever and I will miss him forever. Life is awful without him but knowing all these people are loving him the way they do, they are like a big woolly cloak around me. "


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.