Friday, October 07, 2005

FIRE PUTS OUT TSUNAMI CLAIMS

Despite what MTV may have led you to believe, the new Arcade Fire album isn't going to be inspired by the tsunami and Hurricane Katrina. It might, however, be inspired by hatred of MTV, as Win Butler is pissed off with them:

"I never said that. It pisses me off. They asked me one question about [the recent tragedies], if I felt bad about it. I said of course, and they twisted it to make a whole story out of it." A spokesperson from Merge Records confirmed Butler's sentiments to SPIN.com: "The headline was the problem ['Arcade Fire Channeling Katrina, Tsunami Sorrow On Second LP']. It had nothing to do with the interview."

The new album will actually be inspired by David Davis' poor Tory Party conference speech and the closure of Terry's York chocolate factory.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.