Wednesday, November 09, 2005

BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE

Apparently, Vanessa Carlton (or was it Michelle Branch) could only finish the New York Marathon by imagining burning down her house:

"I've never run beyond 18 miles so maybe I'll start thinking about burning down my house at mile 20 or, like, some violent thoughts... Physically, running is something that's really calming to me and kind of helps me get out of my old dark, funky moods."

If she's at her calmest when she's imagining torching her home, we really don't want to make her (or Michelle Branch) angry.

We can understand her position though - she imagines burning down her house as the only way she can get through her 26 miles; we find picturing ourselves torching her house is the only way we can get through when someone plays her One Thousand Miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.