Tuesday, December 13, 2005

IF I WERE MODEST, IT'D BE A SURPRISE

Presumably left-off the album with good reason, Madonna has taken her self-regard to a new level with Superpop, an offcut from Confessions on a dance floor that's now been lobbed out on her fanclub:

“If I was a car, I’d be an Aston Martin
If I was a star, I would be who I am today
If I was a fighter, I’d be Cassius Clay
If I was emotion, I would be intense
If I was a man, I would be president."


Madonna, love, if you were going to be president, you'd, erm, be president. And an Aston Martin? You'd be a 2CV - everyone used to love you, but now even the diehards are starting to think it might be time to upgrade to something a little less out-of-time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.