Monday, January 30, 2006

MA'SELECTA

Craig David has come up with a novel way of begging for a Brit Award without seeming too needy - he says he only wants to win for his mother:

"I think I've given a lot to music through my music, to British music.

"That's not consciously 'well that's why I should win a Brit', but I think if you can pave the way and open doors by virtue of making music that people enjoy, then it's great when you get nominated, that's my recognition.

"Picking up the award is almost better for my mum because she gets the award on her mantelpiece - so it's more for her."


Actually, over the last couple of years, because she hasn't released any substandard urban-lite, we'd argue that Craig David's ma has probably done more for British music than her son has. Maybe she should get the prize.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.