Wednesday, May 31, 2006

MINISTRY TO CLOSE

Even more surprising than last year's Revolting Cocks reactivation is the news that Al Jourgensen has decided that Ministry has reached the end of its natural life:

"I've got other things to do," Jourgensen explains. "I just started a label (13th Planet Records), and I want to sign some bands and really build it up like I did with WaxTrax in the '80s, not just a vanity label. I think it's time -- and I'll be leaving on the top of my game instead of hanging on too long and doing crappy Aerosmith and Rolling Stones albums 30 years later.

They're going out as you'd expect, though, railing against the GOP:

"It's a trilogy," Jourgensen says. "The next one's going to be called 'The Last Sucker,' and it's also about this corrupt administration. That seems to be my muse; everyone seems to think I write real shitty music when a Democrat's in office. So we'll do that one, and then me and George Bush go riding off hand-in-hand, into the sunset."

... and Blair with his hand in the hand, and Prescott with his hand in that hand. It's going to be quite a crocodile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.