Saturday, July 08, 2006

MYSPACE GETS A COCKER

There's seldom a day that can't be cheered with news of Jarvis Cocker, so we're delighted to discover him sitting about in a corner of MySpace, with a new, solo song to listen to, and a blog post and everything.

Oh, yes, he's not happy with what Live8 supposedly achieved:

If all the technical bits & pieces are working properly then you should be able to hear a new song I've been working on. I wanted you to hear it now cos It's exactly 1 year since that Live-8 thing & it was the night of that event that I wrote this song. I apologise for all the swearing but sometimes that's the only thing that seems appropriate.

It's in no way a criticism of Geldof & co. but I remember thinking at the time: "Where does engaging with these politicians/businessmen really get you?" - ( 12 months on & the cunts still haven't paid up as far as I can make out) - maybe the problem is something more ..... fundamental. Anyway, what do I know? I'm just a pampered rock star - but at least I think it's good to discuss this stuff. Don't you?
Let me know what you think.


We will, Jarvis, oh, we will...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The song is wonderful.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.