Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I BET YOU LOOK IN THE CHIP SHOP

Mark E Smith - who has seen a few bands come, and more bands go - isn't being unduly impressed with the younger generation:

"I think that the Kaiser Chiefs and Artic Monkeys should open a chain of chip shops in North Yorkshire. I think the East Germans had it right, actually. Every group used to have to have a permit.

"Until they came up with anything culturally relevant, like a classical composition. I think they should bring them in here. I should start a musical Stasi. If you can't play in fookin time, then fook off back to the factory."


But that does raise the question: would you want to drive in a car where Alex Turner had been responsible for putting the brakes in?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.