Saturday, September 30, 2006

Avril says sorry, says record company

Only the most cynical will read that Avril Lavigne's apology for spitting at photographers has come through her record label and assume that she's had very little to do with the apology:

"I'd like to sincerely apologize for my behaviour with the paparazzi.

"It's trying at best dealing with their insistent intrusions. I meant no offence to my fans, whose relationship I truly value. I have and will always go out of my way for my fans. My behaviour was a reaction to the persistent attack from the paparazzi."


So that's the sort of "sorry" we used to do when we were little and didn't really think what we'd done was wrong at all, and besides it was someone else's fault.

More to the point, if Avril is annoyed by the "intrusions" of the photographers, why did she go back to a place where she knew they were the second night? Why did she and her husband, Squibsy from Sum41, taunt the photographers by doing elaborate snogging in front of them first, rather than just drive off? And if she meant no offence to her fans, why did she sign autographs for them "fuck off"?

More questions than answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.