Thursday, September 28, 2006

In happier times

Pete Doherty has vowed to stay clean for Kate. Yes, we know, we know, but that's what the 3am Girls reckon:

Pete, 27, was overheard telling a pal: "I'm off the drugs and I'm determined to stay off them. I'm more healthy than I've been in years. The only drugs I'm on at the moment is a little bit of booze.

"I'm going to do it for the lads and for Kate. We've been though a lot together, everyone has stood by me during my darkest moments.

"It was torture for them, I know, they could have gone off and formed another band but they stuck with me. It's payback time now. I have to stay clean for the band and the fans.

"Any available time off I have I'll go back to The Priory to see my doctors and the other residents, some of whom have become my friends. At the moment I'm trying my best to keep away from other junkies and situations where there's a lot of drugs.

"I was really worried that I couldn't be creative without the drugs but now I know that I can. I think I'm writing some of my best stuff yet. Our fans have been through a lot with me, too, but we've got a great EP coming out which we're very excited about.

"And we've enough material ready for a great new album."


You'll note that "Pete was overheard telling a pal" all of that - even if the Pal was on drugs or something, surely about a third of the way in he would have butted in "yeah, yeah, great Pete. But it's all about you - you haven't asked anything about me..."

The 3AM Girls know it's hard to trust Pete, but they've got proof:

Cynics who scoff that we've heard all this before should check out a note Pete has posted on a fan website, which echoes his claims to be a reformed character.

He writes: "No palming stones off scallies in alleys, not with the missus here anyway. Oh, and probation's weekly tests and court, and the wilful destruction of my entire life.

"Do you think they've sown some seeds in me at that Priory gaff? Expensive fucking seeds, I fancy, although it could be cheaper than getting bang on it this autumn."


Ah, well, we know he's lied about his rehab in the past, but if he's posted a message on some website, how can we doubt him?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He must be a diabetic or something, then, as he was also spotted buying syringes this weekend.

I suppose it's not quite the same as 'palming stones off scallies in alleys' if you're scoring yo' shit at Boots the Chemist...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2006450107,00.html

Anonymous said...

Damnit!! Damn scroll-down!

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.