Monday, March 26, 2007

This just in: Trent Reznor doesn't like George Bush

I know, I know - you'd have assumed the rubber-and-leather-clad pig-fucker chain-dangler would have been one of nature's Republicans. But it turns out not to be the case. In fact, his new album is about a dystopia inspired by the current Presidential figurehead:

"When it came to write the words I really wanted to focus on something that was at the forefront of my consciousness which is, as an American, I’m appalled by the behaviour of our government and the direction that it has taken and the direction that it’s taken everyone else in the world and its arrogance.”

“I decided to write an essay about where the world might be if we continue down the path that we’re on with a neo-con-esque government doing whatever it pleases, which seems to be the way it works over here (America).”

Aren't all Nine Inch Nails albums about that, though? That, and perversion?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.