Monday, May 07, 2007

Mother, you're fired

We don't know what Usher is planning to get his mum for the American Mother's Day this coming Sunday, but he's probably going to need to supersize it: he's just fired her. She had been his manager as well as his mom, but now Usher wants to build a wall, he says, between work and private life:

"She and I are on great terms and support each other in our life's endeavors. We are both very happy but are now working in different areas of the business," he said in a statement to The Associated Press. "This is great for me because it means I now get to have my mother strictly as my mother with no added pressure."

"At this time in my life, I am simply more interested in building the strength of my family. And in order to do that, I feel it's best to separate my business life from my personal life."

Let's hope Mrs. Usher doesn't decide to simplify her personal life by sacking her son in response.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.