Saturday, May 05, 2007

Rae no Reet

Corinne Bailey Rae was being lined up to play Aretha Franklin in a biopic. That was until, erm, Franklin saw her perform:

Yeah, I just saw Corinne. I thought she was very nice - she's a very nice singer.

"I almost cast her as one of the characters in my play and in the movie, but when I saw her on TV... well, her pictures look one way and when I saw her on TV she looked a little different so I don't think so."

We could have saved you the time, you know, Aretha. We think the word you're looking for is "wan". Or maybe the phrase "nice to the point of inoffensive non-existence."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wonder if they will do what they did with Tina Turner, just have an actress lipsync to Aretha's records. If they hire a singer, she'll have to be a knock down, drag out gospel shouting girl, like Fantasia Barrino (I don't think she remotely looks like Franklin during her heyday). After seeing "Dreamgirls," I think that Oscar winner, Jennifer Hudson would be able to do the job.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.