Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Corgan: I'm mates with Paris

Billy Corgan has been explaining how Paris Hilton wound up on the cover of the new Smashing Pumpkins single and album.

No, no, not "cheap publicity" - that's the why, not the how:

“The original idea was we were gonna see if Lindsay (Lohan), Britney (Spears) and Paris would all shoot..(but) Paris I knew personally and hung out with her a few times, and so I asked her...and God bless her, she came, she showed up at 10am on a Sunday morning, sat in the chair, got made up and (I) shot her."

For some reason, we're mentally filing this alongside Ricky Gervais' 'I only did the Diana concert because Wills and Harry asked me personally' and that bit in Prick Up Your Ears when Joe Orton says "I met Paul McCartney".


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"God bless her, she came, she showed up at 10am on a Sunday morning, sat in the chair, got made up and (I) shot her"

What a grafter! She's an example to all us lazy, workshy dossers who stumble into work half an hour late and spend half the day messing around. If only we had Paris Hilton's work ethic, unafraid to turn up at 10am (on a SUNDAY, dammit!) and sit in a chair for as long as it took to get the job done.

I bet she didn't try to fiddle the hours on her timesheet either.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.