Tuesday, November 13, 2007

TARDIS rumours

I'm happy to admit that I was wrong about Billie Piper - when she was being mentioned as a possible companion for Doctor Who, memories of the Honey2TheB video made me think this was a bad idea.

However, I'm not going to learn my lesson and refuse to be drawn on the story that Lily Allen is being feted to join the Tardis as a companion.

Although I don't believe it for a minute - I could see her possibly being taken on for a Kylie style guest slot, and she'd probably be dreadful at that, but in every episode? Like a latter-day Peter Purves?

To be fair, her Dad does give good Sheriff of Nottingham in the Who Saturday night seat-warmer Robin Hood, and maybe that's where Allen would be better off - judging by her mugging style, she'd fit into the cartoon Sherwood perfectly.

This whole story seems just to be the Sun extrapolating wildly from the plans to give her a BBC3 "social networking" programme and wondering what would come next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.