Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pete Wentz cries for attention

We wouldn't wish suicide on anyone and wouldn't make light, even of Pete Wentz's shovelling down of anti-anxiety pills, which we are sure he's sharing with us because he feels the need to and not to try and shore up his emo image.

But exactly how much danger was his life in?

"I got in my car. I remember I was listening to Jeff Buckley doing Leonard Cohen's ‘Hallelujah’ and sat there and took a bunch of [anxiety pill brand] Ativan in a Best Buy parking lot.

“I called up my manager because I was, at that point, completely out of my head with Ativan. And I was talking to him and I was slurring my words, so he called my mom and my mom called me and she came and got me and we went to the hospital."

Ativan is a brand name of lorazepam, and tablets contain one milligram of active material. The fatal dose of lorazepam is 1.8 grammes. Or 1,800 tablets.

Wentz might certainly have overdosed, but unless he had swung by a Sam's Club en route to the car park, it's unlikely he would have been at any real risk.

The key question, though, is: why is Wentz telling MTV this?


1 comment:

Olive said...

"This parking lot will become a shrine, and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader"

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.