Monday, March 22, 2010

Boy George hints at possible flirtation with relevance next year

Boy George is hinting that Culture Club might do a reunion next year:

"I think we could do a one-off gig or maybe a small tour," he told BBC 5 live. "It's our 30th anniversary next year so we may do something."

The band briefly reunited in 1998 and staged a 20th anniversary concert in 2002 at London's Royal Albert Hall.

"Last time we re-formed, there was a point to it," the singer - real name George O'Dowd - told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire.

"We'll see," the 48-year-old continued. "It's all about my mood at the time."

I'm not quite sure how the 20th anniversary could have been in 2002 and the 30th in 2011, but I'm sure the maths all adds up. If I were a promoter, though, I'd be wary about booking a tour that hands on the "mood at the time" of O'Dowd, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.