Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shania Twain falls silent

The Mirror runs a piece about Shania Twain which we'll repeat here in its entirety:

The country-pop singer has turned to vocal coaches and friends, including Gladys Knight and Lionel Richie, to “re-find her voice”.

Canadian Shania, 45, longs to reignite her music career. Her 1997 album, Come On Over, sold 40 million copies while last album Up shifted 11 million.

In upcoming US TV documentary Why Not, she admits: “I have lost my ability to express myself and my ability to sing.

“I was slowly losing my voice and slowly losing my confidence.”

In her autobiography, out later this year, Shania will detail her “shockingly painful upbringing”, which included the death of her parents.
Is it just me, or is the Mirror being suprisingly uncurious at this news? "Oh, yes, Twain lost her voice and she'd like it back", like that's a thing that just happens. Did nobody read through that before publishing and wonder if they ought to explain this "loss of voice"?

It could have been through cancer of the larynx, or having been surprised by an enormous bear, or too much shouting during a bar-room fight between Dick Cheney and David Cassidy. It might even have been that voodoo had successfully been invoked by people who didn't appreciate the inability of a pub to host a hen night without Man I Feel Like A Woman popping onto the jukebox.

In reality, it was the pain of breaking up with her husband. Surely that's a significant factor worthy of a mention in the report?


1 comment:

Kropotkin said...

It may be because she's an American FBI agent pulling a double blind on the Euroasians occupying Canada, whom I believe are the British, apparent allies of The USA. But, one never knows of these things, does one...

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.