Monday, June 20, 2011

Bookmarks - Internet stuff: Adele and Aidan Moffat

Aidan Moffat brings I'm No Expert out of retirement on The Quietus because he's worried about Adele:

"I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it,"


Turn up out of the blue? Okay, so that means you knew where to find me, so you’re likely to be either at my work, which is mental, or at my house, which is even worse. If you’re at my house and I’m in, that means I’m not working, and if I’m not working then my wife probably isn’t either. Which means she’s at home, listening at the window and wondering who the mad weirdo with the sad eyes at the door is. Maybe she’s even pregnant now, or she could be breastfeeding our first child as I stand here listening to you emote at the front door. And maybe she’s about to phone the police or the Samaritans, or maybe you’re about to get a slap – trust me, don’t ever mess with a new mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.