Sunday, October 23, 2011

Meat Loaf off at Grand Final

He may or may not have been paid half a million Australian dollars for the performance, but Meat Loaf's appearance before kick-off at the Australian Football League's grand final hasn't exactly been a success.

Guess what, though?

Meat Loaf says it's not his fault:

"I'm sorry, they're jerks. I do not like them," he said of the AFL, according to News Ltd reports.

"And I'll tell you what, anybody that I hear announces that they're going to play for them I'm going to write to that particular artist a letter and tell them not to.

"And I hope the AFL hears this and I want this everywhere. Because I will go out of my way to tell any artist do not play for them."

The rocker said it was impossible to put on a good show in the allocated area.
I suspect if you're paying out half a million dollars, you'd be expecting you're getting an artist whose talents would allow him to put on a decent show in a back alley.

Mr. Loaf complains that there was no soundcheck, the earpiece didn't give him any guidance and there was no live piano.

It's almost as if he was warming-up for a sports event rather than playing a Meat Loaf gig. Oh... hang about...

The AFL have said that his show was "disappointing" but other than that have kept quiet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.