Friday, November 11, 2011

Feargal Sharkey quits UK Music

Feargal Sharkey, who has been so much the public face of shadowy lobbying organisation UK Music that we were starting to think it might have consisted entirely of him and a collection of hats and false moustaches, is moving on:

Feargal Sharkey commented, “UK Music has been one of the greatest adventures of my life and I leave now so I might continue on other journeys.

“While there will be many memories above all I shall never forget what a honour and a privilege it has been to have worked with such a dedicated, creative and professional team of staff, without whom, so much simply would not have been possible. Their friendship, support and guidance has been an inspiration and they will always have my overwhelming admiration and respect. Thank you so much for allowing me to be part of that.

“To Andy, I salute you. The industry is indeed fortunate to have you.

“What is now most important is that we can all look forward to the future successes I know that UK Music, can, and will, achieve.”
Jo Dipple is taking up the slack from the loss of Sharkey, and here's a file photo of Jo released by UKM today:
Seriously, Jo Dipple was a strategic advisor to Gordon Brown prior to joining UK Music when the organisation launched. Specifically, she advised Gordon Brown on communications, and we all know just how successful Brown was at getting his point across, don't we?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.