Thursday, April 12, 2012

Axl Rose makes a lot of fuss about something unimportant to him

When asked why he accepted an OBE, John Peel would say that part of the reason was that he didn't want to be the sort of bloke who stood in the pub going "you know, they offered it to me. I turned them down."

Something to think about as Axl Rose writes a long letter explaining why he won't go to the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony this week:

Speaking about why he has made this choice, Rose wrote: "This decision is personal. This letter is to help clarify things from my and my camp’s perspective. Neither is meant to offend, attack or condemn. Though unfortunately I’m sure there will be those who take offence (God knows how long I’ll have to contend with the fallout), I certainly don't intend to disappoint anyone, especially the fans, with this decision."

He continued: "Since the announcement of the nomination we’ve actively sought out a solution to what, with all things considered, appears to be a no win, at least for me, 'damned if I do, damned if I don't' scenario all the way around. In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite… or Illusion… line-ups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed."
The option of simply ignoring the event and not drawing attention to it seems to have passed Axl by. Although then, of course, there would have been no publicity for his oh-so-antiestablishment not going to a party.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.