Monday, August 29, 2016

The X Factor - it's like a total amateur contest

The X-Factor. It's back, apparently. And busily giving a leg-up to acts who wouldn't stand a chance going through normal channels.

A group called Yes Lad did well in the opening weekend of the season.

I don't know this because I watched it - I know it because their, erm, agents sent me an email to tell me.

Two things.

First: what the hell is a group in a singing contest doing with agents already?

Secondly: Yes Lad isn't the name of a band. It sounds like a rejected Arthur Mullard catchphrase.


1 comment:

Rick said...

Loco Talent. Same people as Insanity Management.

Large roster of acts, including many previous X Factor winners and contestants.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.