Wednesday, March 22, 2006

THE INCONSISTENCY OF YOUTH

January 2006,ContactMusic quotes a Smash Hits interview with Peaches Geldof:

"I hate ridiculous names, my weird name has haunted me all my life.

"I hate being famous; people claim to know me because of my surname."


March 2006, The Sun quotes an interview from its book about celebrity baby names with Peaches Geldof:

“Someone said I hated my name and it’s complete rubbish. I love it. I think it’s hilarious to tell people what your name is and see their reaction.

“I also think my name’s pretty, my full name is Peaches Honeyblossom and it’s kitsch."


But presumably when you tell someone you're Peaches Geldof, nobody is going to do a comedy double-take and make the gesture of a man trying to clear their ears like they've never heard such a thing before; wouldn't they just say "tell your Dad to stop sucking up to power" or something?


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.