Sunday, September 16, 2007

Amy: Not so great when you're straight

Amy Winehouse hasn't, apparently, got the idea of rehab, telling Zoe Griffin:

"I didn't enjoy rehab. I don't want to go back."

We'd have thought that the idea of rehab was that it wasn't, you know, as enjoyable as filling your face with drugcakes and out-of-control juice. If it was, you might not have sung a song about not wanting to go to rehab, Amy.

Winehouse maintains that she doesn't need rehab, anyway:
I missed my friends and my mum and dad. They are the ones that are there for me. I have been doing better now and that's because of my friends."

So, asks Zoe, are you on the wagon now?
When I asked her about drugs, she said shyly: "I'm drinking tonight, I'm enjoying myself. It is my birthday. But drugs is private. Let's just say, I feel better than I felt ever before."

Zoe also pointed out that Amy appeared to have some sort of problem:
I saw her going back and forth to the toilet a lot.

And spotted some enabling activity:
Amy only wanted to be with Blake, who made sure she always had a glass in her hand.

So, does Ms Griffin build to a conclusion on this?

Not quite:
She added: "Blake is the best husband in the world. He organised this party. It's the best present in the world." Personally, I prefer diamonds.

Leaving aside the "and who cares what you prefer" question, scoring an invite to the Winehouse party and ending on a lame note like that suggests something of a lack of nerve.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sure theyre just rehashing old pete doherty tabloid interviews (circa 2004/2005). just changing his name to hers

Anonymous said...

Dear Zoe bills herself as the "youngest, coolest gossip columnist", but not, significantly, the most intelligent. This quote is worthy of the great Newton:
"A couple of mates told me that the Streets' Mike Skinner forgot the words to most of his songs. He's going to have to sort it out soon, as I hear he's writing a new album."
In what way is remembering the words to your old songs relevant to being able to write new ones? Perhaps she thinks the record company will make him sit some sort of exam based on his existing work before they let him back into a studio, just in case, erm, he makes a jazz-folk album by mistake or something.

Anonymous said...

duckie, it's no wonder she doesn't describe herself as intelligent. It's hard to imagine that intelligence is actually a pre-requisite for a career as a tabloid showbiz "writer". Amoeba-brained, animal cunning, on the other hand.....

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.