Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blake: we're the living dead

You'd have thought being banged up inside would prevent Blake Cokehead-druggie from talking to the papers.

Sadly, not: he's somehow been conducting interviews with the News of the World through an intermediary. Yes, his old ma has been sneaking out his views on his wife going into rehab - presumably she's been hiding scribbed notes under her hat, or else spending visiting hours memorising Blake's responses word-for-word.

Apparently, Blake is "relieved" that Amy has gone into however-much-rehab-she-can-fit-in-before-the-Grammys:

Blake, 25, talking to the News of the World through his devoted mum Georgette, said: "I'm so relieved she has finally taken my advice after I begged her to go into rehab.

"I even threatened her with divorce because I thought it would be the only thing to make her see sense.

"My parents have both pleaded with me to divorce Amy and I told her so before she finally agreed to go in for treatment.

"They think she's the Black Widow who will be the death of me if I don't end our marriage. But I'd prefer to have a short life with Amy than a long life without her."

Those of you who are left caring - and we suspect that's probably just a couple of people who work for Universal, immediate family and the deputy editor of Heat - might recall that the last time we heard from "sources close to Blake", he was muttering about divorce because of her Christmas trip with her ex.

So, curiously, here we are, with Blake's Mum telling a newspaper what she claims Blake says that she'd told him in the first place. We like to think that, on B Wing at the moment, Crusher Knobs is listening as Blake reads aloud those same words in the paper, completing some sort of mystic circle.

Blake's mum says Blake says that he was worried by Amy continuing to take crack:
"Prison has saved me. But if Amy goes back on crack again I will be lucky if my wife's alive in three months."

This, of course, gives the News of the World its headline:
Amy Winehouse has three months to live, says Blake

... a not-very-subtle rewriting of what he actually said.

This all seems to be part of an attempt by Blake to try and reposition himself - hitherto, he's been cast as the villain; now, he's having a shot at turning himself into a contrite hero. Yes, we took drugs, he says, but I've got clean inside - while Amy has got worse outside. Worse, you see. Can't have been my fault, I've not been there; I've been pleading with her to get help.

We'd find it more convincing if he hadn't been telling the News of the World about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.