Friday, February 15, 2008

"Also, naturally, you can't rely on an 11.30 slot"

You'll recall that Christian Aguilera kept her pregnancy to herself:

"I'm not being like, 'Hey, everybody, I'm pregnant!' I'm not that girl."

Fortunately for Hello!, it turns out that she is the 'hey, everybody, I'm a mother; chequebooks out' girl, flogging her newborn into a showbiz marketplace, and revealing that she had a Cesearian because she was "afraid":
"I'd heard horror stories about tearing. I really wanted a calm and peaceful environment. I didn't want any surprises."

Heaven forbid that any throw themselves into a highly-skilled, expensively-equipped hospital and undergo a natural childbirth - a procedure from which hardly any women ever recover.

The Daily Mail nods sagely about how terrifying childbirth is, happily pushing the cycle of fear on another round.


2 comments:

M.C. Glammer said...

C-sections are said to produce better-loking bairns due to the head not getting sqaushed on the way out. This might explain why it's popular with the Beautiful People.

Anonymous said...

Heaven forbid that any throw themselves into a highly-skilled, expensively-equipped hospital and undergo a natural childbirth - a procedure from which hardly any women ever recover.

Natural...? Screw that. If in some parallel universe I decided to spawn, you can bet I'd demand to be as drugged up as possible.

Post a Comment

As a general rule, posts will only be deleted if they reek of spam.